Monday, July 9, 2007

Alison's 1st Birthday







Well, my neighbor's Wi-Fi has been down for a while, so I haven't been able to steal their internet and update my blog. But now I'm back baby!

Alison had her 1st birthday (Jun. 23rd). Apparently, the cake was a big deal for my mom. She spent several hours decorating it, and was actually a little dissapointed that Alison didn't make as much a disaster of the cake when it came time to dig in. All the adults just kind of stared at her while she gently grazed the frosting. We can't believe that a year has aldready gone by. But I have a feeling that this next year will seem a little longer...at least for Danielle anyway.

This is the last week of full-time work for Danielle....ever!(?). She will work this week, then take off work a week before the scheduled C-section...which will be July 23rd. Since Danielle previously had a C-section, the doctor wants to do a C-section this time as well. She is very excited to get this thing outta her. They told her that a late third--trimester pregnant woman's body temperature feels about 10 degrees higher than normal. Add that to our 115 degree Las Vegas weather, and Danielle's doing about 125. It feels like she's branding me every time she touches my leg or something. Soooooo...she's ready for the new baby.

With Danielle going on maternity leave [then eventually coming back to work 1-2 days a week], I will be 'encouraged' to step up and fulfill the role as main provider for the family. This next year is going to be the most interesting yet of our marriage, financially speaking. I should graduate in December with a Bachelor's in Biology, then apply to Pharmacy school. As a backup to Pharmacy school, I am planning on doing another year of school at UNLV to become a certified Medical Technologist [i.e. - doing analyst work for a place like Quest Diagnostics]. So, I still have effectively another year and a half of school. I'll keep working part-time at the body shop, and have recently gotten a job working for Deseret Industries part-time [hopefully]. My home teacher hooked me up with this great evening job at D.I., so we're looking good right now.

I know, way too long for a post, but just had to git it off my chest.


And here's the obligatory Independence Day picture with a surprised look on Ali's face.



5 comments:

Hardy Family said...

Dan, we love your blogs even if it is stolen web time. Anyway, we hope you had a great 4th. Me, Caden & Courtney are here looking at your blog and all they are saying is more pictures of Ali. They love her so much--don't we all. lol Stephy

Doug and Dawn said...

Hey Bollards we love it. The girls are looking at it with me and they still love the bye, bye video. Any time I get on your page, too see any updates, the girls want to watch that video. Ali's birthday looks like it was lots of fun. Ali is super cute and I love her serious look she has grown acustom to. Dan you are doing a great job at keeping us updated on the fam. Danielle I am so happy that you get some time to rest before the baby comes. Oh ya don't you love Kates old man afro. It's out of control but she doesn't like getting her hair fixed. We love you. Love-Dawn

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

We love the slideshow. Your blog is Courtney's favorite! I can't believe Ali is one and I wish we didn't have to miss the birthday. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon. Get some rest Danielle.

Doug and Dawn said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I love Ali's cake. Your mom is amazing Dan.

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

Ok, where are the promised new pics. Someone isn't doing their job!